Saturday 2 January 2010

Wednesday, 30 December 2009
My first message
Welcome to my blog!

I am still in Wiltshire, but I am practising my blogging skills now so that I will be able to share with you some of my experiences of living and working in Namibia. Maybe you could add this address to your favourites so that you can find it more easily next time. I hope to send you messages and photos regularly and I hope you will send me any comments or questions you have.


I want to ask you some questions first.
Above is a very simple map of Namibia. I will be based in a town called Oshakati; can you find it on a more detailed map? I will be flying to the capital city Windhoek; in which direction will I have to drive to get to Oshakati?
Which other country will I be very close to? I would love someone who is very clever at working out distances to tell me if I would be able to visit our friends in Zambia one weekend - would that be possible for me to do?
I have begun to pack my suitcase. I will need lots of summer clothes as the temperature will be between 35 and 40 degrees celsius when I arrive. Amongst the items I have bought are a wind up torch in case there is no electricity, lots of very strong sun tan lotion and a ball of string to tie up my mosquito net - I will send you a photo and explain why it is so important when I have settled in to my new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment